IGTV or Instagram TV is a vertical video sharing platform to help brands and other users post their longer videos on Instagram. The goal is to share high-quality long videos that were limited in the Instagram post to 60 seconds.
IG TV is taking Instagram to the next level and opening many gates for brands to increase their visibility + engagement. If you own a brand or want to become a social media influencer on Instagram, IGTV is your next big bet. Want to learn more about it?
Let’s dive deep into what IGTV is and how you can use it to promote your brand.
What is IGTV on Instagram?
IGTV is a long-format video sharing platform. It is accessible using a standalone app or directly within Instagram’s main app. Instagram launched IGTV in June 2018 to create a video channel for its users who can make and share videos longer than typical post videos (1 minute long).
All the verified users have more access to this channel as they can even post hour-long videos on Instagram. Regular users are allowed to post only up to 10 minutes long videos on IGTV, still a much longer time than usual 60 seconds videos.
Brands can take advantage by posting longer videos, stories, posts, photos, short videos, all on a single platform. It is a great way to keep your content consistent and synched to build more engagement.
Want to know more benefits of using IGTV on Instagram? Read on to find out.
Benefits of Using IGTV on Instagram
Opportunity to Educate & Entertain Their Audiences Better
IGTV offers a vast opportunity to educate your audience about your product and services. Research shows that tutorials, how-to, and demonstration videos are far more effective than regular videos. IGTV is a perfect platform for creating and posting videos explaining how to use your product and services or share the story behind your brand.
Increase The Chances of Network Building
As per some latest trends, longer videos are more engaging and can reach audiences on a deeper level. Long videos give brands a chance to build connections and stronger relationships with your local audience.
Less Competitive Compared to Other Video Platforms
Other social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube are prevalent video marketing channels. But, the problem is the competitiveness of these platforms. There are chances that you are creating engaging and unique content, but no one is paying attention to it.
Instagram’s IGTV is relatively new and hence more beneficial if you know how to take advantage of it.
IGTV Supports Clickable Links
A significant downside of posting videos on Instagram feed is that you can’t provide clickable links in the posts’ captions. Luckily, IGTV doesn’t restrict the creators in the same way.
Any URL listed in an IGTV video description is a clickable link. You can attach many links to your IGTV video’s description to increase traffic to your website, other videos, or product websites.
Now, you have a good idea about the benefits of IGTV, get on to learn how to use IGTV on Instagram to get the most out of it.
Does IGTV Help to Boost My Insta Account?
A simple answer to it is – yes, it does.
IGTV opens up new avenues for brands to further enhance their Instagram marketing strategy and reach their target audience. If you are creative enough and willing to explore this channel, you will have a high chance of success.
It can help you build a more substantial audience base and introduce your brand to them on a better and human level. IGTV does have a “following” tab that makes it easy for your audience to access and enjoy your content. The possibilities are limitless when it comes to sharing your video content with followers and other people on IGTV.
You can use the IGTV feature with other marketing strategies to buy real Instagram followers to take your Instagram page to new heights. If you wish to increase view count, buy Instagram video views, instead. It’s a quick and budget-friendly way to make the most out of IGTV.
It would be best if you were smart enough to know how to use IGTV for business.
How to Use IGTV for Business?
Now is the time to learn how to use Instagram TV to reap maximum benefits from it. Let’s start.
As we mentioned before, you can create and upload videos on IGTV either by using an IGTV standalone app or use the Instagram app directly to post videos.
Before starting to tell you how to upload videos on IGTV, make sure you have either of the two (IGTV App or Instagram App).
Uploading videos on IGTV is quite simple if you are using an Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram App. Tap on the + button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the video of 60 secs or longer length and then tap Next.
- Select the Long video option with IGTV icon to post on IGTV. Tap Continue.
- Pick the cover image for your video from the given options (or select the one from your phone Gallery). Tap Next.
- Enter the Title and description of your IGTV video. Here, you can tap on the toggle to Post a Preview on your Instagram feed and share this video on Facebook. Select your preferred options.
- Once you are done with your title and description, tap on Post in the top right corner of your screen. Voila! All done.
How to use IGTV to upload video from the IGTV App.
- Tap the Video icon in the top left of your main screen.
- Choose the video of 60 seconds or longer length and tap on Next.
- Pick your video’s cover image from the given frames or go to your gallery to select a picture of your choice. Tap Next.
- Enter the video title and description. Here, again you have an option to toggle Post a Preview button of the video in your feed and Make the video visible on Facebook. You can select the preferred option.
- Once the details are filled, tap on Post to upload the video. Isn’t it easy?
Video Specs for IGTV (Important)
If you are the first time using the IGTV platform, there are a few specs to consider before posting videos. Here, we listed all the video spec information that you will need to post your IGTV videos on Instagram:
- File format: MP4
- Maximum video length when uploading on mobile: 15 minutes
- Video length: 1 minute long, at least.
- Minimum frame rate: 30 FPS (frames per second)
- Minimum resolution: 720 pixels
- Maximum file size for videos that are 10 minutes or less: 650MB
- Vertical aspect ratio: 9:16
- Horizontal aspect ratio: 16:9
Q: Can you film a live IGTV video for your channel?
A: No. Currently, you can only upload a pre-recorded video to your IGTV channel. Use Reels instead.
Q: Can you upload a video to your IGTV channel from your desktop?
A: Yes, you can upload a video to your IGTV channel from a desktop.
Q: What counts as a view on IGTV?
A: If someone watches your video for at least 3 seconds, it counts as a view.
Q: Does IGTV offer analytics?
A: Yes, you have access to the following engagement metrics: Views, Likes, Comments, and Audience Retention.
Q: Can you have more than one IGTV Channel?
A: No, you can only have one IGTV channel per Instagram account.